Saturday, August 05, 2006

Saturday

Went out to dinner with some friends last night. Ended up not getting home until almost midnight. But I ate well, I had crab legs with no butter and no sauce. I enjoy just the taste of the crab legs so to me I can eat just those.

Wow, Vegas is having a cold spell. It's like 98 today!!!! brrrrrrr...... I need to dust off my winter clothes I think. :)

Well, football starts tomorrow night and that usually is the unoffical end to my summer. However, this year I'm taking a five day trip to where I grew up in the San Fernando valley area of Los Angeles. I'm going on the week of my birthday from August 21 to the 26. I'm going to rent a car and drive since I like driving trips anyways. I'm also going to Bakersfield to visit a friend I've known since the 7th grade.



I know I can bring my NS meals with me to LA, but I can only hope I will be good. One place I used to love eating was this little breakfast place in Chatsworth that had the best cinamon swirl french toast. I'm sure there were like 1000 calories in that breakfast. I just need to stay away from there.


Plus I never go to LA without visiting the Farmer's Market on 3rd and Fairfax. I love that place and again it centers around food. They have wonderful open air restuarants. Damn, all my favorite places involve food. Then there's Cupid's hot dog stands and who can miss out on Pink's!!!!!












And I have to stop at Mann's Chinese theatre. Until you've seen a movie in this historic place, you haven't seen a movie. And they have wonderful hot dogs and popcorn.






Maybe I will stay home afterall. :( Just kidding. I need to learn to have fun doing those kinds of things without the food being the focal point. I don't know how I can go to Farmer's market though without eating something!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Look at it as a challenge. You can go and have fun without focusing around food. Vacations are always hard, but you can do it!

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Sorry to hear you are having a cold spell there. You will need to buy a smaller sized winter coat if it gets down to 95 :-)

By the way I tagged you - you're it (along with four others) you can find details over at my blog on the Sunday, August 06, 2006 entry.

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mike! Man, are you smokin' off the pounds, or what!

I'm so glad for you... Last I remember, you had been in a holding pattern, and were growing frustrated.

Looks like the Nutrasystem is what you needed. Be interesting to know what that is, and how much the costs add up.

Personally, I'm back at the lowest point I've been, as of today (haven't even shared that good news on HS yet).

I'm aiming to get under 400lb. by the end of September. That's just an interim goal, I hope sometime before that we get a real site up and running - I miss the old crowd, there on HS.

Hope you continue to have a great run on this journey of yours! - Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home