Monday, July 31, 2006

Week 14

Well, week 13 wasn't very lucky and not productive at all. I guess once the honeymoon is over you have to work at bit harder. At least I slept a bit better last week, getting about 6 hours a night and for me that's pretty darn good.

I decided to stay away from the gym last week too. It was such a hot and humid week here (which the entire country seems to be in the grips of) that I just didn't feel like going out. That and eating out too much didn't make for a good week.

But, this week no matter of the temps, I'm heading back to the gym, doing just my NS foods and making week 14 another good one.

My gym workouts aren't back up to the same intensity I was at last November, but they are getting close. Last year I was doing about 40 minutes on the treadmill and then a circuit of 9 different weight machines. The entire time at the gym was about 90 minutes.

Right now I'm doing about 20 minutes on the treadmill at a lower setting and I'm still doing the 9 machines of weights, but the weight was less. I'm just about back to the weight levels from last year but the treadmill I'm increasing at about 5 minutes every few weeks. I know I could go longer on the treadmill than 20, but I'm not pushing it, not over doing it. I'm still heavier than I was last year when I was working out harder. I figure by October I should be back to about the same place I was last October. What a waste of a year!!!! That's another one I'm never getting back......

Well, my NS foods are easy today. I have a NS bar for breakfast and a NS bar for lunch. That's it for my daytime meals. I'll include veggies and fruit tonight.

4 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger Paul said...

We all have our slumps. You just need to get back on the horse and ride into the weight loss sunset.

We're supposed to get 100+ temperatures here in Boston Tuesday and Wednesday - unheard of - I don't recall it ever going about a 100 in the 26 years I've been here - so I'll know what you've been putting up with.

Glad you ordered SLD - I think you will at least enjoy the book - it has amazing theories - no side effects for me by the way.

Have a great week(end - Monday's your Thursday or something like that right? So tomorrow must be Friday.)

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Good progress. Anything is a start. I'm trying to get back on it, too, but not doing well. Nonetheless I did lose quite a bit this week. Why is it humid in Vegas? I never remember Vegas being humid. The weather in Reno has been great the last few days, but man it's been hot here too. Don't you love the desert?

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Emily said...

You may have lost a year, but look ahead and think about the coming year, which you are not going to waste. Good job working up to the exercise. Gradual increases are probably a good idea to avoid injuries.

 
At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Wall mount lcd monitor Body fat men calculate Butalbitalapapcaffeine tablets new dodge Finance and insurance business manager

 

Post a Comment

<< Home