Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sleep, is it over-rated???

Ok, I sure hate when I have battles with Insomnia, which lately seem to happen more often than not. Last night I was up at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep. I can do very well on as little as 3-4 hours of sleep, but it does catch up to me and then I need a day (usually Thursday) to get extra sleep. And when I got up at 3am I was a bit hungry so I did have a NS bag of Pretzels. i didn't feel guilty since I came in around 250 calories under my 1800 for Monday. Still, I hate snacking in the middle of the night, a very bad practice to get into.

Without having to resort to Ambien or any other prescrip sleeping pills, does anyone have any tried methods of improving their sleep? Warm milk, camomile tea, counting sheep.... been trying them all. I did take 2 of those over the counter PM meds and it did help, but I get up so groggy that I hate that feeling. This has been hurting my gym workouts too since I am so tired at the end of a work day that I just want to go home and collapse.

Anyways, NS has been good so far this week and yes, I didn't forget my NS foods today. I had the frosted oats with skim milk for breakfast and lunch was the Pasta Parm. With the added fruit and carbs I'm at about 700 calories through lunch. I have one NS pizza left so I think that will be dinner tonight. I will add some lean sliced turkey I got yesterday, onion and maybe even some polenta. Stir fry some spinach, onions and tomatoes and that will be dinner.

8 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger Mr F. said...

how many calories do you average per day on NS?

MR. Fat

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger lv0824 said...

My goal is 1800 per day with a max of 2100.

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Wish I could help you there, Michael. I too have problems falling asleep and staying asleep. What seems to work best is relaxing. I know it's hard, but deep breathing, lavender spray on the pillow cases, and plain old being comfortable is what does it for me. Some nights. Good luck.

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Thank goodness I do not often get insomnia. But I used to, and reading used to always help me. If I read and got tired, I would fall asleep. If I didn't, at least I was reading a really great book. I think the key to relax the mind somehow.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Paul said...

You could try some guided meditation type products. I recommend Belleruth Naparstek or Kelly Howell. Here's two direct links to the first site:

3 CDS

MP3 for $11

And here's a couple related links to Kelly Howell's:

Deep Sleep and Sound Sleep available as CDs, Cassettes, and MP3s ($9.95 for the later).

By now you probably know that I love the MP3 versions of audios - cheaper and instant and portable and if necessary burnable.

Good luck.

P.S. If you drink caffeine - another tip would be to cut it out.

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Oh yeah and I forgot to tell you to check out this thread on the SLD board and the SLD board in general (go there and search on Sleep) - people are saying that SLD is helping them sleep better especially when they use flax seed oil.

Again good luck.

 
At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Help Me Im IN DEBT

Are you tired of hearing those words. Are you tired of your boss and the people at your work . Looking for a opportunitiy to home work business opportunities. then visit http://homebusiness.opportunitiesinfo.com

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Medlineplus splitting zocor tablets saves million Side effects zocor 40mg http://www.avon-cellu-sculpt-anti-cellulite-slimming-treatment.info/acne-nodules-picture.html neurontin 300mg preecautions Ipod headphones inner ear

 

Post a Comment

<< Home